Welcome!

Weird=Normal and Other True Stories is a compilation of my day-to-day dealings with the public. Every moment of my life has the opportunity to become a full-on exaggeration of "Really, that just happened?" and other crazy, yet perfectly normal facets of everyday life. My goal is to entertain you, and to provide you with stories (and moments) that you are able to relate to. Trust me, the weirder it seems, the more normal you (and I) are...

I hope you enjoy!

-Freeway Fairington

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Welcome, [Male] Neighbor!

This Blog was originally published in the November, 2011 edition of The Canton Local.  To view articles by other great authors and to subscribe, please visit www.readthelocal.com.


I recently purchased my first home.  I stress the word “my” for good reason.  I’ve worked hard for twenty-something odd years to save up for this moment, and I (had) intended to savor every minute of it.  You know, traditional homeowner stuff-cleaning, decorating, meeting the neighbors…


At this point, I should probably introduce the fact that I have a boyfriend who lives with me.  Yes, he pays rent, but no, his name is not on the mortgage.  However, try telling that to my neighbors.  My very female neighbors.


For whatever reason, my boyfriend has what I like to call a “female magnet”.  No matter where we go, women of all age find it necessary to talk to him.  I have no idea why I thought him moving into my house would be any different.


Within a week of us first moving in, our next door neighbor came over and introduced herself.  She made sure to mention that she lives alone.  She appears to be in her late 60s.  A few days after that, our neighbor directly across the street “just happened to be baking cookies” and came over to say hello.  She made sure to stress the fact that her husband is almost always out of town.  Oh, and I failed to mention that another of our neighbors mows her grass at least twice a week.  In her bikini.  Seriously?!


If you’re wondering, no, I have not yet met my neighbors.  It seems that they prefer the male renter in my household…


Until next time,
Freeway Fairington

No comments:

Post a Comment